Pixnub Home Page 2 Forums Sports Photo Automation No option for resuming an aborted batch Reply To: No option for resuming an aborted batch

Pixnub
Keymaster

I looked into this a little more and I really don’t know what is causing it.  The “good” thing is the issue is now happening on my Windows machine so I have a computer to test.

It is working fine on Mac and it used to work on my Windows test machine. I have not made any changes to SPA for this so whatever happened to cause it to stop working came from a change to either the operating system or Photoshop.  Since it is working fine on Mac then I don’t think it is a Photoshop issue. I think there is something going on in the operating system… or with folder permissions in the operating system.

I saw Aaron’s post in facebook and that is an interesting observations. However, I can’t repeat that behavior on my Windows machine. For my machine, the batch progress file is blank regardless if it is using a CSV or not, and regardless of what is in the CSV. I tried memory mates too and the file is still blank.

Regarding the read only being checked on the folder, that may be normal behaviour too. I check another Windows machine and all folder show that as being checked.  That check box actually refers to the files in the folder and not the folder itself.  I think it is only “suggesting” read only and if yo hit apply then it makes the changes to the files in the folder.  I honestly don’t remember if it was always that way in Windows. However, not that being checked on by default seems like the normal Winos behaviour…. although I think it is dumb and confusing.

Anyway, the bottom line is that this file works on Mac but now on Windows and I don’t know why.  I have it on my list of things to troubleshoot but I don’t know when it will be fixed because I don’t even know what is wrong. the code in SPA to write the file should work. I may try to have it first delete the file and then make a new one every time instead of just overwriting the existing file.  Beyond trying that, I’m kind of stuck and will need to dive deeper to see if I can figure out why Windows won’t allow the data to be written.

Anyway, I will post back when I have an update. It may not be until next week though.  I don’t think I will have a quick fix for this.

How often do batches get aborted?  This should not affect you most of the time, correct?  I assume that most of the time the batches finish without issues?