Pixnub Home Page 2 Forums EZ Green Screen green screen using up RAM so I have to quit and restart Reply To: green screen using up RAM so I have to quit and restart

Pixnub
Keymaster

The RAM is not controlled by the plugins. Photoshop itself handles that and there really isn’t anything I can do to change how it behaves.

When the RAM runs out the Photoshop uses scratch disk. In my testing this doesn’t slow it down too much with EZGS, as long as the scratch disk in an SSD. What I suggest is getting an external SSD to use as scratch disk. Just a cheap a 1 or 2 TB SSD….. but not a spinning disk. Then UNCHECK the system disk from being used as SSD and check the external SSD and the only scratch disk. You need to restart Photoshop for it to apply the changes. Also, if you unplug the SSD and start Photoshop then it will automatically turn the system drive on for the scratch disk again.

Anyway, this is the only solution that I can offer. I looked into trying to find a way for the plugin to force the RAM and/or scratch disk to clear already. I also posted a bug report with Adobe multiple time for the increasing RAM usage. Adobe’s response was basically tat is just what Photoshop dies and nothing is broken. Adobe also confirmed that plugins can’t directly clear and RAM or scratch disk used by Photoshop. So it just is what it is. however, the external SSD for a scratch disk seems to work well so that is my suggestion.