Pixnub Home Page Forums Sports Photo Automation Trying to run SPA and keep getting a “Make” is not currently available Reply To: Trying to run SPA and keep getting a “Make” is not currently available

Pixnub
Keymaster

OK, I think I know what is probably going on. There is a bug in Photoshop that can cause select subject to timeout when being ran from a plugin.  I give it 5 retries in the plugin which has always been enough.  However, I think in your case it is timing out.

My gut feeling is it is timing out because your files are 16 bit (shown in the tab on the image) and the system lags on some of the images too long for select subject.   However, your template file is 8 bit so there is no reason you need to use 16 bit anyway.  When a 16 bit file is copied and pasted into an 8 bit file, it gets converted to 8 bit anyway.  Also, jpg doesn’t support 16 bit anyway so if saving as jpg, images convert to 8 bit. So basically, the only thing you are doing by using 16 bit is slowing down the system and taking up more memory.  the final result will be 8 bit regardless.

So here is what I want you to do. Open the same player image 23TA6516.tif.  In the Photoshop menu, go to Select > Subject. Does it make a selection?  If not, then convert the image to 8 bit in Photoshop under Image > Mode > 8 bit.  Then try Select Subject.

Let me know if the select subject works for both 16 and 8 bit for that image.

In either case, even if Select Subject works for the 16 bit image when you test, it is probably still timing out when it tries to run Select Subject in the plugin.

I would like you to export all of the images as 8 bit instead of 16 bit. Then retry the batch.

Let me know if that works.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Pixnub.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Pixnub.